Wild Nuts To Forage In The Fall

Watchman
Foreman

Wild Nuts To Forage In The Fall

Post by Watchman »

Wild nuts aren’t just for the squirrels, they’re an abundant and nutrient-dense wild food that’s just waiting for the harvest. Keep an eye out for these delicious wild protein sources and pack them away for winter enjoyment.

Fall is my favorite time to forage, not only because there’s so much out there, but also because everything is delicious and nutrient-dense.

It seems like most foragers eagerly await the first dandelions and bitter greens that come with spring foraging, and then the foraging excitement drops off until next year. They may stop to pick the wild fruits and berries that dot the landscape during the summer months, but autumn doesn’t seem to get much attention from any but the most committed foragers.

I think it’s a shame, because all those bitter greens of spring have nothing on the delicious, rich harvests of autumn.

Winter, understandably, is a good motivator, and I get it…everyone’s excited when the first life bursts forth after snow…but if you have a stockpile of wild nuts packed away to remind you of better days, that winter snow comes and goes in no time. ➡️ READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

“Two is one, one is none”