Shotgun Slings

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Shotgun Slings

Post by Toepopper »

I noticed at the local 3 gun shoot that I was the only participant using a sling on my 12 guage. People ask me why bother with a sling? My primary reason for the sling is so it can be removed in an emergency and used as a tourniquet if someone gets shot in a limb by accident, despite all of our precautionary safety rules and procedures. Plus its always nice to be able to sling the shotgun over the shoulder while traversing across uneven hilly terrain. Surplus military rifle slings can be bought at gun shows and they are inexpensive. These slings are made from a green woven canvas type material and have metalic buckles to hold the sling to any length you want. If you get them muddy they can be removed and thrown in with the rest of the laundry, then hung up to dry.
308gun

Re: Shotgun Slings

Post by 308gun »

That would be the M1/M14 web slings I use and as a aid in shooting , also I find cheap and good are new AK47/SKS slings has a hook on one end leave it on or remove as need ... NEW at about $4.00 that is a lifetime use too...I do a fast arm wrap to keep study aim ... Helps too...Also great deal are the AK mag pouches again web are best and about $4.00 new, works great for the AR magazines (30) rounds. :coffee: