45 Bullets

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

45 Bullets

Post by Toepopper »

After looking at 121 web pages of reloading bullets for sale I finally found some that were still in stock on the Midway usa site so I ordered a box of 500 "BLEMISHED" 230 grain hollow points. They arrived via the post office yesterday and I have examined several of them but can find nothing wrong. Today I will weigh them to see if they weigh in above or under the 230 grain weight. These projectiles came with a great discount in price and a limit of one box per customer. No other suppliers had any reloading bullets in stock so I am grateful to have been able to locate and get these components.
:thumbs:
knobster

Re: 45 Bullets

Post by knobster »

Blemished bullets will typically have water spots or other discolorations. The types of things that hoity-toity shooters won't like or that ammo manufacturers refuse to use. Win-win for the value-minded little guy!
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Last Saturday I shot a couple hundred of these blemished hollow points during a bowling pin shoot at our local gun club and they functioned great, were all accurate and knocked those pins right off the table. I used Winchester large pistol primers and 4.5 grains of Hodgdon's TiteGroup pistol powder in these reloads and it gives good repeatability with each shot.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

not to worry I have used the blemished bullets several times now as range ammo and had no problems at all... :thumbs: