How to Make Ice

bbj101

How to Make Ice

Post by bbj101 »

Besides the obvious in winter there is a way to make ice using fertilizer (liquid) aka ammonium nitrate, this could be used for injuries or high fevers or several other medical needs.

You will need:
Ammonium Nitrate
A Bucket or Large Pot
A Smaller Metal Bowl
Water
Measuring Containers - At least two of these.

Mixing the coolant for making the ice:
Mix equal parts of ammonium nitrate and water in the bucket. Fill the bucket 3/4 of the way full with the mixture.

Place a smaller metal bowl on top of the rim of the bucket or large pot. Fill the smaller metal bowl half full of water. It will take several hours for the water to freeze into ice, but it will make ice.
acet7

Re: How to Make Ice

Post by acet7 »

Where do you buy Ammonium Nitrate?
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

In this area the large stores like Home Depot and Lowes sell small sacks right off the shelf with no paperwork involved but for large orders for farms you would need to go to the Grange or a commercial agriculture fertilizer supply and they will want you to fill out paperwork stating that you intend to use the fertilizer on your corn field.
bbj101

Post by bbj101 »

iliniwarrior wrote:check out one of the later first season episodes of Jerico .... the father needed to be cooled off due to an infection .... the hs science teacher remembered an experiment making ice .... it does have practical applications
iliniwarrior. this is exactly where I got the idea from, Jericho was a good show, but this bit of information I found to be fantastic. I have not personally done this, but I have done tons of research before I posted it here.