SUREFIRE 60 RD AR MAGAZINE

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

SUREFIRE 60 RD AR MAGAZINE

Post by Toepopper »

Today I got to field test a Surefire 60 round AR magazine at the range. My first impression of this new mag design was that it was too lightweight and I was interested to know if the 3 coil spring design would function properly. Any new designs need to be tested before you trust your life to them. I loaded 59 rounds into this magazine but could not get number 60 to go in. It was 35 degrees and my hands were froze and this may have affected my ability to load all 60 rounds into the mag. These magazines are advertised to load into the rifle on a closed bolt and mine did but on 59 rounds. They also can be loaded for an indefinate period of time without damaging the springs. The magazine worked flawlessly, no jams, double feeds or other malfunctions, it came right out when I hit the mag release button and the extra weight of the ammunition did not change the way the rifle fired or aimed. The 60 round mag will fit in any double 30 rd mag pouch. The same design can be purchased with a 100 round capacity. I was afraid to get the 100 round version because it sticks down more when in the rifle and this might prevent me from firing correctly while laying on the ground in the prone position. I rate this mag with an A+ .
acet7

Re: SUREFIRE 60 RD AR MAGAZINE

Post by acet7 »

Thanks for the info, I did not know that they made magazines. What did you wind up paying for the mag?
Toepopper

Re: SUREFIRE 60 RD AR MAGAZINE

Post by Toepopper »

The only 2 places I have seen them for sale is Brownell's and Midway Shooters Supply, none in the gun shows yet. They were the same price at both places, you had better sit down for this, they were $129. At first I balked at the price but realized the 100 rd dual drum Beta "C" mags are $267 a pop with prices going up so I decided to get one while the gettings still good. It drew many oohs and aahs at the range today and everyone commented how they would like to have one, or three.