AR BRASS DEFLECTORS

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

AR BRASS DEFLECTORS

Post by Toepopper »

While participating in a local AR shoot one of the other shooters had a brass deflector attached to his AR-15. It placed all the spent brass in a neat pile just to the right of his feet. My ejected brass cases were spread out over a 30 foot area and I can never find all of them in the grass. I am a reloader and brass components have gotten so expensive that is nice to recover all spent brass to keep the costs of reloading down. So after the shoot I inspected the rifle with the brass deflector and he let me shoot a few rounds through it. It functioned without any problems and deposited the brass cases in a pile right at my feet. These brass deflectors are made by TC- ACCESSORIES INC. in Iowa and I got one from Brownell's, on sale for $14. I have attached it to my AR and plan to use it for target practice and range shoots to help reclaim all my spent brass. I use an EOTECH sight on a flat top AR and the brass deflector mounts under the Eotech in the slots of the Picatinny rail. The only problem I can see is that the trap door on the side of the rifle must remain in the open position while the brass deflector is in position. There is another AR shoot in 2 weeks so I will test this device at that shoot.