One that many seem to absolutely HATE!

WillyPete

One that many seem to absolutely HATE!

Post by WillyPete »

But I'm not so sure about why this handgun is being hated so much.
The Smith & Wesson SIGMA. Now I am aware that there were difficulties with the first couple of versions and I'm sorry I can't remember specifically what they were. I own the "E" version, SW40VE, in .40 S&W caliber and I like this pistol!
It has a large enough grip for my enormous hands, two 14 round magazines, Double Action only but that's OK and is quite suitably accurate with the variety of loads I have put through it. Even my various handloads were taken with no complaint. I did my checking at 35 yards and my groups were no larger than 4 inches.
It is the equivalent of the GLOCK 22 and IIRC, Glock and S&W got into it over the design of the SIGMA since it so closely resembled the Glock 22. Regardless, it's not a Glock but it is most assuredly a good pistol.
And costing only maybe a little more than half the price of the 22, it's a great gun. For the price.
Anyway, if anyone is looking for a full size semi-auto pistol with a good capacity of a good caliber, look closely at a Smith & Wesson SIGMA.
It's also available in 9mm Luger and .45acp calibers.