Harvesting an 11-Point Elk By Yourself

Securing a meat supply via the woods, fields, and waterways. Retention - permanent.
Watchman
Foreman

Harvesting an 11-Point Elk By Yourself

Post by Watchman »

Our next-door neighbor just came over to let us go see the elk he shot. This is a strange situation! He is an employee of the natural gas company and went elk hunting by himself for the first time. 6 years ago he got a tattoo on his upper arm of an 11-point elk! Follow me so far? He estimates the elk topped out at around 600 pounds, of which probably 300 or so will be usable meat. Right after he shot it and went to where it lay, he discovered that his "tattoo prophecy" came true, it was an 11-point elk! What makes it even more rewarding, at least to him I think, is that he is every bit of about 5 feet 3 inches tall and it took him almost 24 hours to get it out to where his truck and trailer were parked. I'm not a hunter, getting too up in age to do that but he told us to "get our frying pan ready". We had bartered him some coffee, tortillas and a lot of snacks for some frozen elk meat he had brought from Utah with him. You treat people right and don't expect anything in return, and graces will fall upon your head. What a nice young man.
“Two is one, one is none”
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: Harvesting an 11-Point Elk By Yourself

Post by fern »

Gosh...I may have to go get some tattoos of some different types of fish I want to catch! Eat hearty Watchman!
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin