Looking to purchase a new pistol

WillyPete

Looking to purchase a new pistol

Post by WillyPete »

Or a revolver, haven't decided.
I do know that I want one chambered for .22LR with a reasonable length barrel.
The one shop I was in today had several semi-auto pistols that had seriously long barrels and seriously large price tags.
I looked at a Smith & Wesson, don't remember the model, that was an 8 shot revolver with a 5 inch barrel, very heavy gun but it fit very well and performed in a most excellent manner. biggest deterent was the $1000+ price tag. Too bad, so sad, bye bye.
The other I looked at was a Taurus, again I don't remember model, that was also 8 shot and had a 4 inch barrel with a heavy shroud over the ejection rod. This one was a smaller framed model than the S&W I held but it also fit my hand very well. N frame revolvers are just about right for me my hands are so big.
Anyway, this one has a $369.00 price tag so it's looking pretty good right now. I'm going to look at a few other fun shops to see what they have and what their prices are but, any suggestions for what I may want to look at and maybe purchase?
All info is welcomed!
side_job

Re: Looking to purchase a new pistol

Post by side_job »

Visit a few shops and hold anything that catches you eye. If your lucky enough to find a range that rents, try them out first... When you finally settle on a "this is it", shoot me the model # and I'll see what I can do for you! :wink:
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Will do, Thanks!
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

Taurus makes quality handguns for a reasonable price. I have an older Taurus 9 shot 22 revolver that has held up well and is very accurate. Also own a PT 99 semi auto in 9 MM that my wife has pretty much latched onto because its so easy to shoot and holds 14 rounds.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

I did some looking around this morning and decided I want to look at the RUGER Mark III standard model, a WALTHER P22 standard model and that TAURUS 94 I looked at yesterday.
I'm starting to lean heavily toward the Taurus since I also shoot .22shorts out of one of my rifles and would like a handgun that can use those rounds too, no real reason other than I can.
side_job

Post by side_job »

I sent you a length PM with the details, it's rather lengthy.