Short 12 guage rounds.

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Short 12 guage rounds.

Post by Toepopper »

Midway Shooters Supply has a sale this month on 12 guage short ammunition. These shotgun shells are 1 1/4" long. I was wondering if anyone has used or tried out these shorties in a pump shotgun and if they will cycle in a pump without jamming. On the box it states that they will NOT cycle a semi auto shotgun. These might be great for a woman to shoot due to less recoil, if they cycle or in a double barrel. A person could carry more of them also, less weight.
WillyPete

Re: Short 12 guage rounds.

Post by WillyPete »

I've looked at those "shorty" rounds several times and I always see a sidebar on them about not cycling semi-autos and may need some modification to a pump shotgun to cycle. However, these types would be ideal for a single, SxS or O&U shotgun with the reduced recoil and the fact you can carry lots more in your ammo pack.
Since I reload I've considered getting the adapters for my press to load 2-1/2" and 2" rounds. I'd probably polish the feed ramp to the chamber of my pump to aid in cycling since modification seems necessary for a pump. According to the shell manufacturer anyway.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

I have not tried them. When I first saw this ammo Agula made it. I thought it would be great because you could get maybe 2 more rounds in an 8 round tube on a pump gun they are $15.99 for a box of 20 maybe worth a try.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

I remember the first time I saw this type of shotshell, SS5R and I were looking at them while at the Big Reno Gun Show about 8 years ago. Both of us had to resist the urge to buy a test box and see how they worked. We agreed that it might be better to wait and let some other person test them. Still have not heard a word about how they worked so I am going to spring for a test box and give them a try. Aguilla is still the manufacturer and they come in #4 and #1 buckshot. sidejob, have you shot any of these?