Remington's new 30 cal AR15

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Remington's new 30 cal AR15

Post by Toepopper »

Remington has introduced its own version of the AR15 that shoots a new 7.62MM (30 cal) round. The shell casing is short and fat and this allows more powder and a velocity of 2800 feet per second. The rifle only holds 4 rounds so evidently it is marketed towards deer hunters. You can see this new rifle and all tech specs on the Remington on line catalog.
Toepopper

Re: Remington's new 30 cal AR15

Post by Toepopper »

None of the gunshops in my area have one to look at yet. I am wondering how much the ammo is going to cost. This cartridge may end up in the trash heap if not utilized by the military. The casing is similar in length to the Russian short round but the diameter is similar to a 45-70 with room for 44 grains of powder to boost the muzzle velocity up to 2800 FPS. Way better performance than the Russian round and like you said it fires the same projectiles as the other U.S. 7.62 rounds.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

From what I have read it’s the same length as the 223. I think the diameter is .4880 at the shoulder. $18.99 to $35.99 per 20 depending on the bullet it’s topped off with. If the military adopts it maybe we will get some 308 surplus back on the market at a decent price in the future. That will take a while.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Don't know why the gov would move to a new cartridge when they already have the tried and proven 7.62x51 NATO which has the range and accuracy needed for mountainous warfare such as being fought in Afghanistan. Other than some behind closed doors backroom deal for a tax funded retooling operation to make some insider billions , it would make more sense to stick with what is already proven. The Army has recently adopted the new M-110 sniper system which they started testing in 2005. This is an M16 on steroids. It is a 7.62MM NATO semi automatic 20 round with a Leopold 3X9 scope. Whats different is that it has a Remington "5R" stainless steel barrel which has 5 grooves that are cut with a radius instead of square cut like traditional barrel grooves. This gives the rifle more accuracy/less bullet drag. Twenty of these prototype rifles were given to special forces to test and 20 given to navy seals for testing in 2005. The special forces guys loved them but the seals stuck with the M14 rifle to reach out and touch someone. May have been a budget thing for the Navy, I don't know. So now its official and the army has them over there in the sandbox. These new rifles are made by Knights Armaments and are available to the civilian market. They are expensive and in 2005 cost $2300. but that price, due to demand has probably gone up a tad. SS5R and I have both got Remington 700 bolt guns with the 5R barrel and they are REAL accurate. Tack drivers, more accurate than is really necessary. I won a local competition 4 years in a row by putting 10 rounds on a nickel sized target at 100 yards and I am an old geezer who can't see straight anymore.
Last edited by Toepopper on 24 May 2010 21:24, edited 1 time in total.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

Well it is still the AR15 platform that keeps getting our GI's killed , so what is wrong with the 308 or 3006 or 45/70 can now be loaded hotter .........and throw a big 300 to 450 gr. slug out.......... ???????????????????
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Those rounds have too much recoil for the little ladies who want to be grunts on the line, plus the large caliber rifles weigh too much for them to carry. We have to level the playing field for our new modern co- ed military. Its the trendy thing to do.
There are already a few M16 look alikes that have had all the bugs worked out of them like the H&K 416 which has a gas piston instead of direct gas impingement. The piston prevents all that hot greasy gunk from entering the gas tube and chamber and fouling up the bolt carrier area and it also allows the rifle to be fired on full automatic without burning up the bolt. They are very reliable and not as finnicky as the M16 as far as mud and crud in the field type use. Still, its a 223 so its limited to short range use.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

If the ladies want to be a part, they should all be put together in their own group or whatever the proper term is. Then they would figure out if this is really what they want or not. Like them, I cannot hold the bigger guns up for very long but I bet I could if I had adrenalin pumping. I may not be pc enough but this is life and death and our boys should not be limited by anything.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

The new Remington 30 cal round has no advantage over the old 7.62x51 nato that I can see. It fires the exact same projectile at the same 2800 FPS velocity and has the same range capabilities. True, it is the same overall length as the 223 but due to its larger case diameter the new cartridge weighs the same (or slightly MORE) than the old nato round so where is the advantage? You are still going to break your back humping 500 of those new rounds.
The M16 was never designed to be a long range rifle. When it came out it was for fighting in jungle warfare with very little visibility at a distance of 50 meters! All the weapons designers and 2 star generals at the Pentagon were convinced that modern warfare would be fought at close range and there was no longer a need for the full sized battle cartridges. Of course you have to be able to read between the lines and realize that this train of thought was just the new line of horses_ _ _ so that certain people in key positions could profit from new weapons contracts, retooling and munitions manufacture out of the taxpayers money. Thats what war is all about, MONEY, and all the propaganda about saving this country or preventing that country from being taken over by communists is a cover story, a screen for the average American sap so the behind the scene big boys can rake in billions. The Harry S. Truman family owned the Olin Powder Company. President Johnson's brother in law owned Bell Helicopter. (7000+ helicopters shot down -do you think they made any money?) All the tooling and ammunition producing machinery for making AK47 ammunition was manufactured at the Eaton Tool Company in Bridgeport Conneticut and sent to Russia and China so they could produce ammo to be fired at young Americans in Viet Nam. Mr Eaton got his buddies in the state dept to declare this machinery as NON STRATEGIC so it could be legally sent to our enemies. I suspect that any new cartridge design will come with a billion dollar R&D project paid for by you and me. These people do not care one rats rear end about the military personel who get wasted in some podunk country as long as they turn a profit. Here we are in a new war with a mountanous terrain that requires long range rifles and the M16 can't hack it. They have once again picked on a country who's people have never been conquered. The British tried in the 1830's when the British troops were armed with the brown bess smoothbore musket and the Afghan people stood back out of range and picked the British off with their rifled barrels. They bled the British for 10 years before they finally pulled out. Again in the 1890's. Same tactics were used on the Russian army. The Ruskies had short range AK-47s and the Afghans shot their butts off with the older Lee Enfield and Mauser rifles. They stayed out of range of the AKs. Now we find ourselves in the same position. This did not happen because the pentagon is ignorant of history. By arming our troops with inferior rifles they can prolong this war and make even more money by re-arming and extending the war for a longer duration. The joint chiefs have already announced that we will be over there at least 10 years. There are 3 million M14 rifles in storage, why not re-issue these to our soldiers on the line? Does it make sense to leave these rifles in a storage bunker while these young kids get wacked in Afghanistan?
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Howboutthat !!
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

There you have it. But will they do anything about it. They really need to break out those M1As.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

From this article: http://newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin590.htm

And, of course, this new "global force for good" must itself be reshaped into an image compatible with the political correctness of the New World Order. Hence, more and more women are being placed in combat units. In fact, females are now the fastest growing group of enlistees within the US armed forces. And for the first time in US history, women are now approved to serve aboard submarines. (I am sure submariners' wives are thrilled about this!)

"How does flooding the US military with women fit into the scheme of the globalists?" you ask. Simple. By reducing the overall efficiency and effectiveness of our military forces, it requires them to be part of a "coalition" force. Come on, folks, figure it out: our troops are always part of some sort of global "coalition" army. They always serve in concert with NATO, or the UN, or at the behest of some other global entity.

And please, I don't need readers to write me with great indignation, calling me "sexist." Get real! If women can serve in combat equally with men, why not have an all-female combat infantry division? How about an all-female tank division? Let's have an all-female Navy warship! What about an all-female Navy SEAL team or Army Special Forces team? If, then, women are inefficient in combat as a unit, they are equally inefficient in combat individually. Wise up, people! It is critical to the globalists controlling Washington politics that our military be integrated with foreign entities. Allowing the weaker vessels to dilute the warrior-strength of our combat units helps to accomplish this in spades!
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
308gun

Post by 308gun »

Just watched movie Hurt Locker has small part about how they are unable to answer the high power rifles and ak47 with the M4 was saved by a 50cal. sinper rifle and 2 clips of ammo about 10 rounds .... after shooter is killed movie was about bomb removal great movie .