Thoughts on hunting in a PAW

Securing a meat supply via the woods, fields, and waterways. Retention - permanent.
WillyPete

Thoughts on hunting in a PAW

Post by WillyPete »

I've read numerous writings on various other survival related forums and invariably, someone gets all worked up that there won't be any animals to hunt shortly after the PAW event because everybody with a gun is going to kill every single animal in the wild as food for themselves and their families leaving none whatsoever for future generations. They believe that anyone who wishes to survive had better do as they do and secure huge quantities of foodstuffs, canned goods, vacuum packed comestibles and perhaps properly managed livestock as a source of meats.

I'm not in any agreement with any of that line of thinking, I can't see it happening. My thinking is that many people who have firearms are not going to be doing any hunting other than as part of a raiding effort. Many of those aren't going to survive for very long since they're just not prepared to survive in any fashion and there will be casualties during raiding.

Many who go hunting will just not be successful no matter what so, they may not survive and won't be putting much pressure on the wildlife.

Then, there's the critters themselves. Those of us who go hunting fairly regularly for different types of game realize that those animals are often a lot smarter than we are no matter how much we kid ourselves. I believe the majority of the animals in the wild will make themselves scarce and very few people will be successful with hunting in that situation.

In any case, what are y'alls thoughts on hunting in a PAW? Give us your thoughts and/or beliefs.
cowboy38229

Re: Thoughts on hunting in a PAW

Post by cowboy38229 »

in my opinion during paw, firearms will better serve you as a means of self defence,hungry people hear a gun shot and you become the hunted, it wont take long for them to learn.

i've been in the woods with guns,bows all my life but i can take a dozen traps of different sizes and a dozen snares and put more food on the table than four people could eat every day.

A good example is common victor rat trap,take a hazel nut and drill a small hole thru it and attach it to the trigger of the rat trap with a stout string ,then take it out where there are squirrels and set it on a stump , check it in the morning and the evening and see how many you get from one trap. No noise ,no wasted ammo,no one the wiser.

just my thoughts.