Air pump

bobpick

Air pump

Post by bobpick »

I'm looking for a hand operated 50 cfm hand pump commonly found in fallout shelters. Anybody know where I can get one?
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I had a foot pump that my son-in-law broke so I insisted 'if you're going to use the tools, if you break it, you replace it.' He replaced it with a foot pump that he bought at Wally World and lo and behold, it was made in the USA. I had informed him that I would not accept any Chinese tools!

The manual foot pump came in handy just last week. I have a slow leak in one of the rear tires and I was able to pump it up again in the garage. Not to mention it's usefulness for bicycles and other pneumatic things.
bobpick

Post by bobpick »

I need to provide air to the bunker, so a hand crank type is what I'm looking at.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

:idea: OH, now the light comes on. Sort of like an air compressor? With a hand-crank flywheel like grain grinders?
bobpick

Post by bobpick »

Bingo!
cowboy38229

air pump

Post by cowboy38229 »

Sounds like a hand cranked blower on a black smith forge.They move a lot of air.
dejure

Re: Air pump

Post by dejure »

Is there a possibility you could just grab an old squirrel cage (I get them free at heating-cooling installers), remove the motor, attach a flat bar to the pulley and put a handle on the end? You would have to extend the outlet to give you cranking room, but a fan is a fan and I would think this would work better than a bellows. I made a box for one of mine and use it to exhaust air on jobs (of course I plug it in and let the motor do the work).