DIY Antiseptics For Washing Wounds

Boris
Hibernating
Hibernating

DIY Antiseptics For Washing Wounds

Post by Boris »

When society collapses and ushers in Doomsday, Doomsday is going to mean DIY or do without for many of the items we use every day. If we haven’t prepared antiseptics for washing wounds or if the traditional supplies have been exhausted, we’ll have to DIY. Doing without may spell doomsday for those with even the most minor of wounds.

Fortunately, there are several DIY options for antiseptic wound washes.

Before going any further, it bears repeating what has been previously addressed here on the blog: Wounds should never be washed out with rubbing alcohol, Betadine, hydrogen peroxide, or similar antiseptics. These fluids kill bacteria and viruses, but they also kill living tissue. Dead tissue in a wound can lead to infection. In addition, most of the time gentle irrigation with clean water will be sufficient for cleaning a wound. However, with particularly dirty wounds or in individuals with compromised immune systems, we may want a little more.

Quarter-strength Dakin’s solution, which is made with water, baking soda, and bleach, is a good wound cleaning option that’s been in use since WWI. It’s a simple DIY. A link to the directions is included below.

Making a colloidal silver solution is apparently a simple DIY for those who are even slightly technologically inclined. Michael provided the basics of assembling a colloidal silver generator in the comments on an article posted a few years ago (link below). And there are loads of sites on the internet that provide information as well. It’s also something I should write about here, but I’m afraid I wouldn’t do a good job. My family still doesn’t allow me to play with sharp, pointy objects. Electricity and batteries are totally out of the question. READ FULL ARTICLE HERE