My Family Switched to Induction Cooking and We'd Never Go Back

Watchman
Foreman

My Family Switched to Induction Cooking and We'd Never Go Back

Post by Watchman »

People don't like change. When wood stoves were introduced in the 1800s, there was huge resistance to them; Linda Peterat writes in BC Food History:

"In the early 1800s many patents were granted for cook stoves, beginning the rush to develop an efficient and functional cook stove that could gain wide acceptance. But there were numerous obstacles. There was considerable angst beginning in the mid 1800s about the impact of the stove on home life. Some people believed that the disagreeable odours, bad air and smoke from stoves were harmful to health, causing headaches, giddiness and stupor. Others, mainly men, sentimentalized the open fire of the old fireplaces, believing that adopting a cook stove would ruin domestic life and social intercourse that occurred in the glow of an open fire. Others believed the energy emanating from an open fire nurtured the human spirit."

Now we have the induction range, another revolution in cooking and there is, again, considerable angst. Take my wife, Kelly Rossiter, please. ➡️ READ FULL ARTICLE HERE

“Two is one, one is none”