Ammunition shortage

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Ammunition shortage

Post by Toepopper »

The consequences of the nation wide ammunition shortage are having a noticable effect on weekend shooting activities at local gun clubs here in my area. Our Saturday defensive pistol shoot usually has 40 participants and yesterdays shoot had only 12. This is due to the lack of reloading components and off the shelf ammunition. Most people do not want to shoot up their ammunition if they cannot replace it. Reloading components are non existent although I did manage to buy one package of 100 small pistol primers at a local store. Only one package per customer per day is allowed and these primers were all sold out in 2 days and this weeks resupply did not include any primers. Many people have switched from the 9MM, 40 cal and 45 auto and started shooting a 22 but now thay have shot up most of their 22 ammo and none is available for resupply. A single brick of 500 rounds of 22 is selling for $60 when it comes into the stores and its being bought up in a few hours. One local gun shop had to close its doors because they could not get merchandise to sell to its customers.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: Ammunition shortage

Post by Watchman »

Again, we went to the big box store and NO 9mm was to be had! There was plenty of 38, 40, 45. Picked up a couple of boxes of 38 for "The Pink Lady". I then went to an off-main-street sporting goods and inquired about 9mm. He was sold out but said I'll sell you one of my boxes I put aside. Being a naturally friendly guy, I asked could you make it two? Yes. I had gotten a tip from my wife's brother's stepson who is a deputy sheriff that ammo was to be had. That, of course, depends when you get there. :cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
acet7

Post by acet7 »

Yeah down here in FL there is no ammo around other than the scalpers selling at inflated prices. I went to Dick's sporting goods and there shelves were completely empty. The same goes for my local walmat. Try this web site http://www.ammoengine.com/ I was able to pick up 3 boxes of .380 on Saturday from a web site listed here. Check back every day you might find what you need.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Interesting! A search engine for ammo.

http://ammoseek.com/
308gun

Post by 308gun »

Same in my area Dick's had 2 box M1 carbine and i took that and got 1 box 12 ga. oo buck nothing else to buy , and last Mon. went to range to test my 45 acp reloads was shocked 1/4 on normal shooters came out, no one can get cheap ammo or 223 or 308 or 22 LR.. :badday:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Went to a small local gun show today and was surprised to see lots of ammunition in the most popular calibers for sale, at reasonable prices. There were several tables with reloading components so I stocked up on what I need and got a good price too. There was hardly anyone at this show, usually its packed with people but deer season has started so perhaps that had something to do with the low attendance. The only product I did not see was 22 ammunition.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Right now, just before Christmas and the first of the year, most of the mail order ammunition sales businesses are having sales to unload ammunition so as not to pay the inventory tax on it. Midway, Midsouth Shooters Supply, Wideners, Brownell's, Natchez Shooting Supply are all having sales and the prices have come down from where they have been for the last few years. Reloading components are back in supply and in bulk packages, some with free delivery. The only product still hard to get is 22 ammunition.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

check the local gun shops and big box stores now too...some 22 ammo is to be had ,,,ammo coming down a little ....hunting and other items will start to come down more in mid Jan...
acet7

Post by acet7 »

Toepopper wrote:not to pay the inventory tax on it
huh I didn't know that. I'm still boycotting cheaper than dirt for when they jacked up ammo prices a couple of years ago.
knobster

Post by knobster »

Old thread but amazingly, 22lr is still like hen's teeth. I've actually considered picking up a 17HMR rifle just to be able to plink.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Here in Free Wyoming .22LR availability (on a scale of 1-10) is about a 5 or 6. Its odd but most independent stores have it and the big box stores like China Mart are always out of it. Ten years ago I started accumulating a box here and a box there and I just recently got a new 1-gallon paint can, threw in a few oxygen-absorbers, and ........................!
:cowboy:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

22 L.R. ammo is still a hit and miss deal... and I feel still a little overpriced... used to shoot lots 22 to save now , my reloading keeps me in range and hunting ammo and saves big over store cost, need another cal. I just change the dies ....
acet7

Post by acet7 »

My local Dicks sporting goods has some 22lr in stock now they limit you to one a day, price $33 for 325.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Purchasing inexpensive military surplus ammunition when it was available was one of the best investments I have made. If ammo was gold you can call me Rockefeller.
knobster

Post by knobster »

Toepopper wrote:Purchasing inexpensive military surplus ammunition when it was available was one of the best investments I have made. If ammo was gold you can call me Rockefeller.
Good call Rockefeller!

I was going through my inventory a couple weeks ago and came across some surplus 5.56 rounds. $3.99 for a package of 50. Bought those quite awhile ago! I chuckled and then nearly burst into tears at the current prices...
308gun

Post by 308gun »

and the shortage just caused other problems , just had three local gun shops of many years go under, reason high ammo and firearms costs are keeping shooters at home , if they buy its very little now ,, and I see that area gun shows do not have many shoppers now .. before last year you could not get close to park ,, now it's drive up and park right away... and now all big box stores carry no black sami-auto guns and 22 L.R. still very hard to get and prices on every thing is thur the roof... even bore cleaner and gun oils etc....... :fiddle:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

In this area it looks like panic has once again set in, after the presidents visit last Friday rumors are flying about new anti gun executive orders and people are purchasing guns and ammo anywhere they can find them. Two local gunshops have ordered more ARs due to the demand. There still is no 22 ammunition anywhere locally but people are ordering it online and paying through the nose to get it. Other popular calibers of rifle and pistol ammo are available but expensive. 223 is plentiful and prices are coming down on that caliber. I went to a small local gun show last Saturday and noticed the parking lot was empty. There were no tables selling ammunition but more tables selling survival food and military surplus gear. I got a camo rucksack in excellent condition for $15 and will use it for a vehicle bug out bag. Perhaps this show was effected by deer season and everyone was out hunting?
308gun

Post by 308gun »

also on that note Cal. is now looking to put bans on ammo front door ban hard nose ammo, back door ban lead ammo , save the earth....etc, save the children ..... and Hilary is saying now she will out right ban guns , even house to house guns turn in.... save the poor etc..... :shoottwo: :shoottwo:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

I don't have a license to practice psychiatry but in my opinion Hillary is obviously as crazy as a loon. What gets me is how many people want her as president. She is very popular on the libtard college campuses amongst young trend setters who will vote for her simply because she would be the first woman president. There are 36 colleges in Portland Oregon alone and combined with the liberal mindset of the population of Salem, the state capital, they have enough votes to carry Hillery into office over the objections of the rural population. In the last week she has made some bold statements about personal gun rights and the second amendment. Who does she think she is? As president her job would be to uphold the constitution, not remove ammendments she disagrees with. :dont:
The lead free ammunition ban starts next year in California. Certain counties already have banned lead shot shells several years ago for duck/pheasant hunting and claimed other migratory birds were eating the expended lead shot and dying from it. This is just an eco friendly approach to eliminating the shooting and hunting sports in California.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

:cowboy: I'm known in my family as 'Paranoid Pete' - THANK YOU JESUS! - I'm certainly not taking up for Hitlery, Hildabeast, but she is merely the ventriloquist dummy (like Blowjob Bill was) for the NWO! It IS coming people. One thing about Americans that you can take to the bank is we have been divided (that was Bongo's job) and we are fallen, thanks to immorality and corruption, and could not unite ourselves in anything. As an example, look at the various Christian denominations. They all have a common enemy who is red, has horns and a tail, and has a standing army of head-choppers that is working it's way westward. Who gives a [Wash My Mouth], right? As long as we are kept in a constant state of numbness with plenty of MLB, NBA, NHL, and NFL, along with beer and tailgate snacks, who really cares if Satan :twisted: is advancing? We're all numb! This takedown of the constitutional republic was formed and actually begun in 1913 (am I right on that Toe?). These demons have been chipping away at us ever since, one right at a time. It is too late. Nobody wants to make waves or stand up. You can't even collect [Wash My Mouth] rainwater! Make your peace now.