Ammo: How Much Is Enough?

Watchman
Foreman

Ammo: How Much Is Enough?

Post by Watchman »

I normally would not link to an article in this section but this one seems worthy of discussion.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/02/ammo-ho ... f-defense/
“Two is one, one is none”
308gun

Re: Ammo: How Much Is Enough?

Post by 308gun »

I would say for ccw 1 or 2 extra clips , revolver say 2 speed loaders, now if it's winter and you have a big coat pocket, more clips, or another speed loader or, extra ammo in a baggie....and I always carry extra ammo in any auto. as report says no such thing as too much. :coffee:
knobster

Post by knobster »

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand that question. I see all the words but when put together like that... :biggrin:

My thought process is how much ammo will my group need if an EMP/solar flare hit tomorrow and there was a zero percent chance of resupply for the next couple of years. Think about some fun afternoon when you and your buddies went shooting. 250 rounds blown through? 500?

How much ammo do you go through in a given year now during peacetime? I would say multiply that by 50. I expend 2-3 rounds for deer season each fall. If my group is depending on the hunters to provide meat year-round then we may need to expend 20 rounds. 5 years until resupply, 100 rounds just for hunting medium sized game. Go through each of your scenarios and adjust accordingly.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

I don't normally get involved in these conversations but I see knobster's point. I compare it with how many cans of peas do you want on Joseph's Storehouse shelf? The whole aspect of preparedness is to be prepared. At some point you will hit peak supplies and start going downhill from there. If an EMP hits the US we will be thrown back into the 1800s. Within a week most store shelves will be empty and without products being delivered if you haven't already established a garden that is ready to harvest, you are in the shits! Now back to ammo. In my humble opinion there is not too much ammunition to have on hand. As roving, hungry gangs begin to surveil your home you will be using more and more. At some point you will reach peak ammo with prospects of replenishment diminishing with each day. If you are not a re-loader and don't have supplies of ammo, you will be next on the menu. :cowboy:
Watchman
Foreman

Video - Ammo: How Much Is Enough?

Post by Watchman »