Post Election Panic Buying

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post Election Panic Buying

Post by Toepopper »

Last Wednesday, the day after the election, I decided to go see what kind of deals on ammunition I could find in local gunshops and sporting goods stores. Started out at a place called Bi-Mart which has good prices and great sales on large packages of rifle ammunition. As I was walking into the store I saw a man pulling a wagon of 223 ammunition over to his truck and start loading it into the back. I proceeded into the store to find no more 223 ammunition, that man had purchased the last of it. 308 was gone also and there were several people waiting to fill out the paperwork for new guns. Drove over to a gun shop and they were sold out of ammo also and had a half dozen people looking at new and used guns. Drove down to the Sportsmans Wharehouse and noticed a man wheeling a refrigerator dolly stacked with crates of 223 ammunition out of the store. I walked right by him and he winked at me as if to say get it while you can. He had bought the last of the 223 in 300 round plastic ammo cans. I grabbed 2 cans of 45 pistol ammo and 5 minutes later all of it had been taken from the pallet it was sitting on. Many people were standing at the gun sales counter eyeballing new rifles, shotguns and pistols. People were buying waterproof sporting boxes to bury things in. There was a general trend to get what you can before the laws change or before its all gone, a panic buying spree generated by the election results and fear of what might be coming from a rogue president in his last 4 year term. Take the hint and get some ammunition now, if you possibly can and if you don't own a gun you might want to sacrifice something else and go and get one.
:thumbs:
SS5R

Re: Post Election Panic Buying

Post by SS5R »

Same thing happened here. The following Saturday after the election I was listening to the local Fox New affiliate radio station and they said one gun shop had sold 880,000 rounds of ammo that week alone. I went to the Big Reno Gun Show last Friday and it was a steady stream of hand trucks going out to the parking lot stacked with ammo. People were buying 5,6,8 thousand rounds at a time. I saw half a pallet of 7.62X39 gone in two hours. Lots of guns, magazines and knives being sold and money changing hands. The chatter as you walked around the show was pretty negative against you know who.

It may not be his last 4 years. I suspect he and his cohorts will get it changed to three terms before he is done.
knobster

Re: Post Election Panic Buying

Post by knobster »

If something happens and Obozo stays on as Dictato... uh, President then game on.