Primers ?

308gun

Primers ?

Post by 308gun »

During the early panic buying days Jan.2013 , i needed some more large pistol primers , what i could find at the time was wolf large pistol , so i got a 1000 box, long story short first they were about $6. cheaper, but as i have been loading 45 ACP i found first they are a little over size (bigger) this made them hard to set easy , had to bang in real hard , and this has caused me a few duds , not a lot , but i like to count on my ammo to go bang.. Don't buy wolf primers , hold out for CCI, Winchester, or Remington and in that order i find CCI primers never fail...
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Primers ?

Post by Toepopper »

Thanks for that tip about Wolf. There is still a nation wide primer shortage and what few primers do show up at the stores are being sold with a 100 per customer limit. That is one envelope package of 100 primers to each customer! I paid $3.59 for 100 CCI small pistol primers and I was glad to get them.
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

I have been checking the stores every week for primers and just last week I found that the shelves have been stocked once again. I got a 1000 count box of small pistol primers to load this new style 45 ACP brass that takes the small primer. Seems to be some ammunition in the stores also, and the prices have come down to almost normal. I can only hope that the supply will come back to the way it was before the panic hit and stay that way.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

The best luck is still at the gun shows more supplies, but prices are still up, all the local shops and box stores are hit and miss , I have not seen 22 LR ,or 308 win. since 2012 ... hope this ends soon...AR 's in 223 are in , but have not seen a S@W 10 AR (308) YET.