FN PISTOL

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

FN PISTOL

Post by Toepopper »

I know some of you own the FN semi auto pistols in 9MM and 45 cal and I need to know if those pistols eject the empty cartridges straight up and into your face when firing, similar to the old German Luger. The FNs are designed and advertised as having ambidextrous slide release and magazine releases so a left or right handed shooter can use this pistol. A left handed shooter might be struck in the face with a traditional right handed pistol. I am a right handed shooter and need to know where the empties will fly.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: FN PISTOL

Post by Watchman »

ASAP :cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
side_job

Post by side_job »

I can tell you that I have had several FN pistols, and my current primary is a FNX-9. I have trained both strong side and weak side (left hand for me) and have not ever had it launch brass in my face. I am going to the range in the morning and will try to make a more accurate account of the ejection path. :thumbs:
side_job

Post by side_job »

Belated follow up. The FN ejection trajectory I have observed is straight perpendicular to the ejection port at about a 30 degree rise. I have shot side by side with shooters on the right and none of them have taken brass in the face.
fnx3.JPG