Remington R25

308gun

Remington R25

Post by 308gun »

just saw short write up on the R25 ,note that it comes in 243 win., and 308 Win. has camo stock and all the extra's and will use any DPMS magazines (4,10,20) now that got me worked up built on AR10,m16 mode, this may be a very good survival rifle ,,, goes on my WISH list... anyone gets to try one let us know how it worked ????? :cowboy:
WillyPete

Re: Remington R25

Post by WillyPete »

I get a newsletter from Remington occasionally and saw that sweetie when they introduced it. Being available in .308 makes it very desirable to me so, it's been on my wish list for a bit. :thumbs:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

last summer was looking at all the new 308 win .. rifles DPMS, Springfield's new M1a shorty , all were a little too heavy with rails and scope mounts and short barrles etc , but looking back the Springfield Armory M1a was the best , and it's the only one to have Fixed iron sights for close in battle or if scope got wacked off in battle ,,, very important to keep in mind, the R25, you could only do point shooting if scope got wacked .... Murphy's LAW in will happen in COMBAT........GO WRONG ... always keep that in mind! :thumbs:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

sounds like i better stick with my M1's and my M14 , have you tried any of the Saiga (Russian) made now in 308win . and 223 Rem. and 7.62 x39 all have AKM make-up , lots good Mags. got the steel mags for the 7.62x39 and the 308 win . now has 20 and 30 round mags. too. lighter to carry too , something to thing on ! :cowboy:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

I was able to find a guy at gun show who was taking old ak mags and fixed to work in the 7.62x39 and 223 siaga rifles,,, I got the early 308 mags in hard shell plastic in 20 and 30 rounds,,at the time was on budget and this was fast way to fill out my battery..... the M14 was made by some west cost outfit now gone,, all GI parts, they remade receiver to GI spec.s but no full auto part or fitting.......was able to find outfit on internet that made good flash hiders for the Siaga 223 & 7.62x39 that lock on to front sight and works very well... also found G.I. flash hiders for my M1 (all GI) and m1 carbine (all G.I. )I liked fixing up,, even found at gun show 3006 model 1917 Enfield rifle that guy had made into sporter , but found all parts and ww1 drill stock that was painted put it all back to GI spec...Do not rule out a good combat bolt action rifle,, was watching WW1 dvd and noted use of rifles , noted how the Germans and French would put rifle up to fire , they worked bolts fast , but never used sights,, I did note the dought boys using their sights... but WW1 was true madness......the R25 has a place in Survival mode , do not like no fixed sights,, :ex:
308gun

Need firepower ?

Post by 308gun »

If you are still in need of good cheap firepower ? just got mail add from (www.jgsales.com) (ak47's) has VZ2008 sporter 7.62x39 semi-auto's$359.95 or m74sporter 5.45x39 ,,, for the poor man's pistol yogo m57 TT in 7.62x25 $199.95, or Russian M1895 7.62 Nagant revolvers,, or Yugo SKS 7.62x39 $289.95 , and the hard to find Korean ak47 75 round drum, lots of mags,,and tons of cheap ammo........poor man's SNIPER Yugo M76 in 8mm MAUSER comes with scope,,,$999.95 ,, have FUN and GOOD SHOOTING , you can trust JGSALES .......