Good articles / survival guns.

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Good articles / survival guns.

Post by Toepopper »

You might be interested in reading these articles. Go to - http://www.warriortalknews.com/#tp
acet7

Re: Good articles / survival guns.

Post by acet7 »

Nice find, thanks for sharing. Anyone see this today? http://www.usatoday.com/money/industrie ... cnbc_N.htm
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

This has been going on for years and every single mortality was caused by some lame butt who was pointing the rifle at someone while loading, unloading etc. RULE NUMBER ONE: never point the barell at anything/anyone you are not willing to destroy. RULE NUMBER TWO: treat all guns as if they are loaded. Be safe, never point in the general direction of anyone and always know your backstop. Basic common sense type issues that get forgotten and cause accidents and deaths. I own 4 Remington 700s and have never had a malfunction.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Having read this article, I wonder if the author has some interest in a manufacturer of the firearms he seems to prefer for his battle activities. A rifle is only as good as the person on the trigger, you do your part the gun will do what it is designed to do. Launch a projectile at high velocity toward a target, nothing more.
The author may also be someone who holds a high regard for "campfire opinions". Those who form their opinions and gather their entire set of knowledge from what others discuss in informal settings, the "campfire", but has never actually done any checking of those "facts" on their own.
The majority of my firearms are bolt action and only two are actual military calibers, my Mosin in 7.62x54r and my .30-06. And, I believe the author is completely incorrect in saying that the .30-06 will not be available much at all after a catastrophe. It's probably the most popular caliber for a hunting rifle anywhere in the USA and ammunition is most often readily available. After the fall may be another story but, it will be the same story for all ammunition.
This author strikes me as being just like too many I've encountered on the web in various survival related forums. If you don't have the exact copy of their exact "battle rattle" you are a disgusting do nothing slacker and completely unfit to live or even survive in their fantasy world of More than Mad Max, Awfuller than Armageddon, more Twisted than 2012, you get the picture.
The term "Mall Ninja" fits this person quite well I would say.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

I read that article.
I think his point on the 30.06 is there just isn’t a modern rifle built in that caliber to qualify as CQB rifle, although the M1Grand was used in street battles in the European theater. It's a big heavy gun and hard to swing quickly.

I have a Remington 700 in 308 and have never had any problems with it either.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Likely I misremembered his statements about the -06. I have a good one and it will serve me well when the time comes. Just like all the rest of them will. 8)
308gun

Post by 308gun »

First the only one cal. of ammo that can be found everwhere in the world , Russia, china, south america , you name it you WILL find ammo and rifles in 3006 springfield, Second the 3006 M1 rifle is the rifle that i saw the Army of south Viet Nam use, yes these little guys did very well with it , and were we not talking about the problem of South Korea wanting to return many tens of thousands of the M1 to the USA , SORRY but the M1 in 3006 is the best DAMM BATTLE rifle ever made.. per (General George Patton )......... may be these PIMS need to grow up to use a real rifle...and open mouth insert FOOT..........
308gun

Post by 308gun »

I know the M1 uses the 8 round clip , if you can not hit something in 8 shots , 100 more will not help you either,,,and i can load the m1 clip in 1or 2 seconds , and i am old guy !!!
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

I have had two M1 Grands for over 25 years and just traded one off last year for an Olympic Arms Ultra Match. The M1s are smooth shooting rifles. I don’t know what the surplus ammo market is like right now I am well stocked so I haven’t looked.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

went to local gun show ,last week they had ammo cheap coming out their ears , lots of guns to pick over .........market has got back to a big supply and surplus of good m1 ammo too...saw pistols 380 auto and 9mm made by Hi point new for $169.. the Hi point carbine in 9mm works great ,,,,anyone ever use a Hi-Point pistol ??????? :lol: