Deer season getting near

Securing a meat supply via the woods, fields, and waterways. Retention - permanent.
WillyPete

Deer season getting near

Post by WillyPete »

At least where I hunt it's getting near. Where I don't hunt is already in deer season, Aug. 15th, and I don't have a place to hunt there. I have to wait for Sept. 15 to bowhunt, Oct. 1 to primitive arms hunt and Oct. 11 to hunt with a centerfire firearm.
Hopefully I'll be able to harvest some deer this season to make up for missing out so much lately, I want some venison!
I'll be hog hunting too, nothing like fresh pork chops and sausage. :D
WillyPete

Re: Deer season getting near

Post by WillyPete »

It's getting closer! I'll have to wait for Sept 18th to go bowhunting but I will definitely be out in the woods then. My huntin' buddy came by today to get some goods I gave him and he let me know he's found a location for hog hunting a couple counties over. Hogs are considered nusiance animals and covered under small game rules but, there is no season and no bag limit on them. I'll get as many as I can stuff in the coolers and have lots of sausage and other pork meats to put away.
I still want some venison though, I'll see what happens once the 18th shows up. Get soem hogs and deer and I'll be canning up several jars of stew for later too.
I hunt private property and we have an agreement where I bring beer, they let me hunt. Good deal I'd say.
My buddy will be hunting bow season with a crossbow as he can because he's now handicapped with some of one leg removed, our DNR will let him do that. I have to use my stick and string for my bowhunting, I have to wait for primitive weapon season before I can use my crossbow. That will happen Oct. 1, regular rifle season starts on Oct. 11th.
Chompin' at the bit now!