Taurus "JUDGE"

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Taurus "JUDGE"

Post by Toepopper »

About 2 years ago the Brazilian gun manufacturer Taurus introduced a new revolver designed to be carried by judges while they were in court to protect themselves against any potential attackers in the courtroom. This weapon comes chambered in the 410 shotgun guage and will also fire the Colt 45 long. The cylinder is 2 - 1/2" long and holds 5 rounds. Two barrel lengths are offered, 1- 1/2" and 3" with 6 lands and grooves to stabilize the shot pattern or the 45 caliber projectile. This weapon allows many different loading combinations and Winchester has produced a new 410 shotgun shell designed for self defense to be used in this revolver. This ammunition is being sold as the PDX 410 and it holds 12 plated BBs plus 3 large plated disk projectiles from a high walled all black case. Standard 410 slugs or shot may also be used from this handgun. Its close range effectiveness and accuracy would make it a great home defense weapon. Taurus offers 12 versions of this pistol with different length grips, titanium cylinder, laser sights and even a 3" magnum version. Check it out on the Taurus web site.
side_job

Re: Taurus "JUDGE"

Post by side_job »

I would recommend that everyone visit a local store and hold one of these. They are very large, and heavy. I sold one last weekend, and the buyer was interested for the purpose of plinking and blasting objects... they are expensive and the ammo is high. IMO, this is a 'neat' revolver, but I wouldnt consider it for my personal protection. For the size, weight and cost there are many better choices. They will however make an excellent snake gun if you happen to be packing it during a snake encounter. They are coming out with a model called 'circuit judge', which is a revolver styled long gun, kinda different.

just my $.02 :wink:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

side_job, I was wondering if they still make the "Thunder Five"? This was a popular 410 revolver in the snake country of Louisiana during the 1990s. It was not as big as the Judge and was inexpensive.
The Judge might work fine if you kept it in your dresser drawer , for use during a home invasion. I saw one at a gun show and it fit in my hand but was too large to carry concealed. It was the novelty of the thing that grabbed my attention.
side_job

Post by side_job »

I dont see them being a currently available production model, but I did find one on gunbroker that looks like it is new - old stock.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175438896
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Eye carumba, they want $400 for that unit on Craigs List, thats a lot of bread. I guess I'll stick with my 12 guage.
side_job

Post by side_job »

For anyone looking for a snake gun, Ive been tempted to order one of these into the store... the price is right.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175867511