Treadle Sewing Machine

fern
Patriot
Patriot

Treadle Sewing Machine

Post by fern »

I am writing this in frustration. I bought my beautiful old treadle sewing machine and have been playing with it. Been a long time since I used my gram's!! Anyway...I am having trouble finding enough bobbins, the different head attachments, tools, etc for it. I lose every single item I bid on ebay because I am not willing to pay 10 times their value. Does anyone know of a place where those items might be purchased in reason? Currently I have one bobbin and that means I have to keep changing the thread, which is time consuming. I want to have back up needles, etc in those currently empty drawers!
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Treadle Sewing Machine

Post by Toepopper »

Is the machine made by Singer? You can check out the website or call the manufacturer of the machine. Singer used to have a good service department but they may have moved their operation to Mayheeko.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

Its a Singer! I will check. Didn't ever cross my mind that they might still have parts! Thanks Toepopper!! If they are south of the border...my search will continue.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Did a little looking around out of curiosity because my wife also has a very old Singer treadle sewing machine.

I found this site that may be helpful to you.

http://www.singersewingmachine.com/index.html

All you'll need is the serial number of the machine to find parts, materials or manuals. They do have some that are unavailable, they state that the original factory records cannot be found so they can't make the copies that are what they provide for manuals. Parts may be the same problem since they may not be able to cross reference the parts from the non-available machines with what they do have.
I don't really know, I'm just supposin'. I haven't yet gotten the serial number from my wife's machine to see what they have.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

Thanks WillyPete!