Another gun show

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Another gun show

Post by Toepopper »

Went to another gun show yesterday in search of surplus magazine pouches for AR 30 round magazines and there were none to be had. I have never seen this item in surplus stores or at any gun shows. Very little surplus of any kind to be had anywhere. Right now I have 20 mags in a used canvas bag with a shoulder strap but the mags take a beating and make a klanking sound when I pack this bag over my shoulder. I see on the news films of Afghanistan that most of our troops are wearing a chest pack or vest with magazine pouches on the front of it. It looks uncomfortable. Are there any suppliers of web belt attachable AR mag pouches?
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: Another gun show

Post by fern »

On a light note, I have been waiting for two months for our little local gun show date to arrive. It was held at the local fireman's social hall, which is quite good sized. Their sign started flashing show sold out about a month ago so I thought wow this will be a good little show! When Sunday arrived (and my much better half actually had the day off!), noon finally came and we went and stood in line...only to find out that the only entrants are the actual firemen, their families, and each could bring 5 friends. I asked how many tables they had and they had 61 venders. I also asked how many firemen/members they had and was told 54. That sounds to me like approx 250 people going to a 61 table show that allowed NO PUBLIC attendance. Never heard of such a thing and I truly do not understand how the dynamics of that could possibly work. I guess I will never know! They proudly told me that this is the way all the local firehalls handle their gun shows in this area. Guess we will continue to travel when we have the desire to attend a public show!
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

Try Quartermaster, (http://www.qm-supply.com) for mag pouches. They have Vietnam era M16 pouches that hold 3-30 round mags for $8.00 ea. They are the cheapest that I’ve seen. All the after market stuff is pretty expensive.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

You can get 4 mag , (AK47) pouches right now , will work great for the AR15/M16 mags . cost $2.99 or for( 4) .99 cents , real surplus not bad , works good... these are 30 round mag pouches....... and they have stock 223 or 7.62x39 wolf at JGsales.com