SITREP

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: SITREP

Post by Toepopper »

Rucksack, Viet Nam era light weight type. One poncho, 3 plastic Bic lighters, one old Doans Pills metal container filled with waterproof strike anywhere matches. One small Mag-Tech flashlight, one collapsable E-tool carried on side of pack, one machete carried on other side of pack, one roll of brown twine. small military first aid kit in pack pouch. Four NASA space blankets, 6 pair socks in second pouch, 100 rounds of 308 in center pouch. One new military "arctic " sleeping bag wrapped in poncho tied to bottom of rucksack. One military wool blanket inside pack up against my back.. One 6"x4" signal mirror. One small walkie talkie with 3 extra 9 volt batteries. One 40 channel hand held CB radio with 9 extra batteries. One silver spoon and fork assembly. One can of pears and a package of beef jerky. One Swiss Army knife. A piece of galv wire to make a snare. One canteen with canteen cup attatched to outside center of pack. Thats it, plus mu web gear on web belt and shoulder straps. I carry 2 more canteens on the belt along with my 45 and 2 spare 10 round magazines, K-bar knife and 12 magazines. All of this sounds like a lot of weight but the ammo and magazines are the only heavy articles and I can walk up the mountain to a small knoll where I have good visibility and overhead tree cover and hang out. My stash of food and toilet paper along with another E-tool are buried close by.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

I am embarrassed to say I am way behind in this department. I have an Alice pack I am going to use as a B.O.B. I have everything I need I just haven’t put it together. Is anyone packing a gas mask and filters in their bags?
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

My wife and I both have gas masks and 12 extra NATO filters but we don't percieve gas as a threat up here where there aren't any people so they remain in the house. Gas masks really don't weigh very much and I may rearrange the pack to find a place for it. Thanks for reminding me.
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

You can see all of my bag contents in this thread.

http://www.preparedness-survival.com/ph ... 17&t=15287

I've picked up a couple more items to include that I have to get pics to post in that thread. May get them today as it's raining and I can't work.