preparedness list with storage options

Food production and storage.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

preparedness list with storage options

Post by fern »

I just stumbled upon this list that was put together by and for the Church of Jesus Chris of Latter-day Saints. It is an excellent list and was the first list I have come across that addressed how many pounds per person for each type of food should be put away along with different methods of doing such. The very extensive site is http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness ... edness.pdf
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Re: preparedness list with storage options

Post by fern »

As I have previously stated, I purchased 9 food grade 55 gallon barrels. They are still sitting empty in the garage simply because I am unsure how to fill them for long term storage. With the large order arriving in the next week or so, I would like to take this opportunity to fill them. I have had no luck in finding large mylar bags so I am considering filling the 6 gallon mylar bags with the grains/milk and simply placing them in the drums. Is this wise? I certainly do not want to lose this food from incorrect storage. Any thoughts would be appreciated! I am hoping the milk may come in proper storage bags already but I have no clue since I have never purchased bulk in this size.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin