All Purpose White Flour Storage

Food production and storage.
Yukon

All Purpose White Flour Storage

Post by Yukon »

Long term storing of All Purpose White Flour is rarely discussed. It's like its taboo and that probably started back at Y2K where some fool said “you can't store it because it will go rancid” or cited some other internet nonsense.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: All Purpose White Flour Storage

Post by Toepopper »

I've got white flour stored in large Tupperware type tubs, high and dry in a cool storage locker with no problems after 12 years. We don't use very much flour and bought it in bulk, that's why we still have it. What is the recommended way to properly store it?
Yukon

Post by Yukon »

Toepopper wrote:I've got white flour stored in large Tupperware type tubs, high and dry in a cool storage locker with no problems after 12 years. We don't use very much flour and bought it in bulk, that's why we still have it. What is the recommended way to properly store it?
Sounds like you have it figured out!
308gun

Post by 308gun »

We keep white flour in big Qt. mason jars and it last many years , till we use it up, never went bad. :topic:
Yukon

Post by Yukon »

Toepopper wrote:I've got white flour stored in large Tupperware type tubs, high and dry in a cool storage locker with no problems after 12 years. We don't use very much flour and bought it in bulk, that's why we still have it. What is the recommended way to properly store it?
Store in Mylar with Oxygen Absorbers, good for up to 10 years.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: DEAL OF THE DAY

Post by Watchman »

I can count on one finger the number of times I throw money away gambling but I made an exception last week. The Wyoming council of Knights of Columbus began their annual 'Gun-A-Week' raffle (for 52 weeks) of long guns, everything from a Henry Pump 22 to Benelli Super Nova 12 guage to Mossberg 500 20 guage to Remington 700 SPS .30-06, and everything in between. The ticket cost me $50 and (theoretically) I could win every single one of those suckers. If you win, the ticket goes right back into the barrel for the next drawing. I was lucky as hell to get a ticket. They had a limit on 1500 tickets then they stop and begin drawing.

:recoil:

:shotgun:

:ak47:

:gangster:

:cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

Today was a watershed day. I literally robbed Peter to pay Paul, but nothing that can't be handled. The world is going to hell in a handbasket rather quickly. Wee went and bought $800 in 90% quarters. The silver we had 4 months ago is now worth about 36% more. When we last bought silver it was at $18.38 an ounce. Today it was at $28 an ounce. Made money on what we had but felt we needed to get more 'pocket money'. Told our patriot friend that we would see him next month (God willing) and buy dimes. Spent $50 on medical supplies and decided we are 100% read in food. Did top the food supply off with more protein, 24 jars (16-oz) peanut butter at $1 a jar, 22 cans of dark chicken, 12 cans of roast beef, 12 cans of beef stew, and 22 cans yellow tomatoes (originally $3.89 a can imported) we picked them up for .89 a can marked down.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

A mixed bag of prep things. Still one of our favorite stores for buying prep items - Dollar Tree. If one is near you take a look. Closed out a few items on our provisions list - am not going to slow down on this! Am very concerned about some main issues that must be solved: insulin cooling, a year or two in prescription medications, and antibiotics. Anything I discover regarding these I'll publish in the Research Lab.
acet7

Post by acet7 »

For your insulin you could get one of those small 1.5cuft dorm room type refrigerators and hook it up to a small solar panel set up w/ maybe two batteries small inverter since it wont be drawing that much wattage.
Watchman
Foreman

Re: Prepping in General

Post by Watchman »

I know, I know - you dumb [Wash My Mouth] (me) but today we finally went to work on our bug-out box - instead of a bag we elected for a square waterproof locking box (made in America). It has wheels at one end and a handle on top, sort of like a chainsaw box. Its about 2.5 feet x 1.4 feet x about 14" deep. We're making a few modifications to the system. We will have a separate lidded box to hold food. We wanted to keep that separate so we can change and rotate it easily. We have a separate heavy-duty canvas bag for medicine (not medical, but medicine). Within the medicine bag is a Eco-Cool bag for insulin. From some bits and pieces that I hear, the world is within months or sooner to having a solar-powered portable cooler for insulin. Separate medicine bag was purposeful for easy rotation. Another practice we have adopted is to keep our car filled up at all times. We can get about 450 miles to a 10-gallon tank, enough to get far away. I have a little camp stove that takes the little propane bottles but we have decided to leave that behind and take our Eco-Stove that burns grasses, twigs, sticks. Its a neat gadget and I wanted something where we did not have to carry propane bottles. Spouse is in charge of the bug-out containers - she is good at packing stuff. Blankets [and probably] a tarp will always be in the car. IT'S TIME TO DO THIS, FOLKS!