Cell Phone Catch 22?

Watchman
Foreman

Cell Phone Catch 22?

Post by Watchman »

First, let me say I am no expert on cell phones AND I do not like using them; sometimes in my business they are a necessity. I try to use them over the blue tooth connection in the car instead of "to the head". Last night on C2C AM one of the guests said not to use them even in the car over the car connection. Here is the point I have never heard before. He said that the steel and other materials the car is constructed of act as a large "Faraday" cage and the cell phone has to work very hard to get the signal out, therefore emitting MORE radiation, all of which is pulsing around INSIDE your automobile. Are there any experts on cell phones?
“Two is one, one is none”
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Cell Phone Catch 22?

Post by Toepopper »

No expert on cell phones and I don't own one but what that man said makes sense. :ex:
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Just found this and even with all of the steel surrounding you in a vehicle, the phone does not "work" any harder to transceive the signal than when you and the phone are in the wide open. Since there are glass windows and glass is transparent to nearly all forms of radiation, UV is blocked by glass, the cell signals pass right through them easily since, for that radiation, there's nothing there.
From what I know about radiation and cell phone signals, you have absolutely nothing to worry about regarding either the cell phone signal itself or the electromagnetic radiation that makes up the signal. The only location you might have any concern would be in the midst of the antennas at a cell phone repeater station. I did some HVAC work at repeater stations a few times and I talked with the attendant when they were present and I got all sorts of good info regarding this information. Besides, if you listen to a radio receiver or use a television occasionally or even use wireless internet connections, you are working with a larger amount of radiation and electromagnetic energy than a cell phone can manipulate.
Unless you are right next to a functioning cell repeater site, right next to the antennae and the site is at full, maximum capacity, then you can become damaged from the radiation and heat that will be present at that time. Your cell phone will never be capable of doing that kind of damage to a person in any way shape or form.
The big fuss about cell phones is just people who do not have any understanding of what happens with the technology so they attribute various nasties to that technology to "empower" themselves over it. It's simply fear of the unknown.
So, as far as use of your cell phone is concerned, when you need it use it and don't worry about it, it won't hurt you unless someone takes it from you, throws it at your head and it connects. That's it.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

One security item about cell phones too, that is a plus , if you get the cheap kind that you buy the time cards, no one knows who you are , a little ago I had to put in a 911 call with it , about some wild dogs on the loose , long story short , I had to tell the 911 operator who i was and location of dogs... with my home phone i had a 911 call made. and they had my name and address already........same with a contract cell i am told by friends... so security is best in the buy and trash phones and i gotten 3 years out of a $10.00 phone and 800 calls are free too...
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

Right after I posted my previous contribution, I read an article on Yahoo! News about cell phones actually causing cancer. Problem is, I've seen so many conflicting reports that who to believe is a complete nutter. My personal opinion about it now is still, cell phones won't cause you any harm by using them. They are a convenience and a hindrance but, my experience indicates that the hysteria over cell phones and cancer is the same type of conspiracy fodder as that of "JFK is living with Elvis somewhere in Cuba and have an alien love child between them".
I have considered getting a "throw away" cellphone for the students at my school to call me when they want to. They don't need to be calling me at 3:00 in the morning like they might for assistance with a system they decided to "fix" for someone "on the side". But they have indicated that they have no qualms about calling me in the wee hours of the night to get some help when they can't figure out what to do on their own. I just won't make it easy on them is all. I'm also considering getting one just to mess with the owner/operators of the grid and its administrators because I can. Up Yours!
308gun

Post by 308gun »

They were saying the same about CRT's and personal computers first out , if that were true we all be dead,,, I think the very first Cell's gave out some energy , but it's never be proven for sure....I still say cancer is water and diet... because lots of cures for cancer center around diet,, same for all electric use... the energy field would have to be very strong and non-stop...the Sun puts out more EMP than any cell phone on daily use...
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

I don't know about cells giving cancer but I can share my own experience with them. The years of working in dc, I averaged 4,000 to 6500 minutes and more depending on the month. That did not include all my two way radio minutes...just cell phone use. After a few years of this, I started having headaches and my ears would both be literally hot and aching by night time to start over again each morning. I invested in one of the headsets without much relief...it just seemed to move to my inner ear.

To this day...I rarely use a phone anymore other than texting. I save most of my phone calls for one day per week now and any I make other times is kept to a quick minimum. One conversation with a long winded person and I have the hot ear and headache even yet.

If I remember correctly, this was the year that they were forcing burn phones to be traceable? Just as the new cells now carry the special propaganda chip that will allow the messages to come to us beginning next year.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin