Tools & spare parts.

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Tools & spare parts.

Post by Toepopper »

Is it necessary to carry spare parts and a toolbox in your vehicle? I think it is necessary and to carry a few necessary spare parts like radiator hoses, heater hoses, fan belts etc. is inexpensive and might save your bacon when you are getting out of Dodge during an emergency. I carry the above parts plus a thermostat and gasket ($3.50) and the tools necessary to replace these items. I carry 5 gallons min of water in case I blow a radiator hose and need to refill the radiator. Another inexpensive item to keep in your vehicle is one box of fuses of every amperage required for your vehicle and a roll of electrical tape. All of these parts can be stored under the seats of a P.U. truck or car where they are out of the way but easily retrieved in an emergency breakdown. I know women who have their vehicles serviced and don't know where the radiator water reservoir is or the windshield washer container. You don't want to pour engine anti freez in your windshield washer container and if necessary you can magic marker which is which onto the containers to prevent confusion. Another good item to have on board is a repair manual that shows exploded views of your particular vehicle to assist you in any unforseen roadside repair. I always carry a 6'x8' poly tarp to lay on if I should have to crawl under the vehicle in the snow or mud and this folds up into a small flat package that rides under the seat. Many people have gone retro and purchesed older non computerized vehicles that may require an unforseen roadside repair. Its better to expect these and have the necessary components for a quick fix so you can be on your way again without the need of a tow truck.