Fire Starter

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Fire Starter

Post by Toepopper »

I have made a little match storage container that will be worn on my belt. Its just a piece of scrap 1" PVC pipe I had laying around. I glued a cap on one end and glued a threaded cap on the opposite end which will accept a threaded plug. To waterproof the plug I smeared bees wax on the threads and over the top. Then I cut a 4" long piece of 1-1/2" PVC pipe and cut that in half lengthwise and drilled a series of holes through it where I want my belt to go through. I used a chain saw file and then a small flat file to smooth out the rough drill holes so there are 2 smooth slots to slide the belt through, then glued this onto the smaller pipe. So now its a lightweight waterproof wooden match holder and I have also stuffed a plastic Bic lighter and a small fire starter kit into it which gives me 3 different ways to light a fire. Today I will sand the PVC to rough it up, then spray paint it OD green and let the sun bake it dry. Cost of this project was zero as I used scraps of leftover PVC pipe which would have gone to the dump.