Gerber Ultimate Knife:

SS5R

Gerber Ultimate Knife:

Post by SS5R »

Looks like Gerber knives has teamed up with Bear Grylls in making a survival knife called the Ultimate Knife. I’m not really a fan of Grylls but I do have a couple of Gerber knives and find them well made. I have the Yari II and the Rex Applegate combat folder and my wife carries a Gerber Profile when we are out hiking. The Yari says right on the blade made in Portland Oregon and the combat folder says made in the US, the Profile has nothing other than the Gerber name. I don’t know if Gerber knives are now made in China or assembled in China. This “Ultimate Knife” does not say made in China but the sheath and package does.

That said the Ultimate Knife is nice and worth a look. It appears that it is the same blade as the LMF II and almost the same handle. A lot of thought by Grylls went into this knife. It has a diamond sharpener and a fire starter rod built into the sheath and comes with an emergency whistle attached to the lanyard, there is also a survival priority pocket guide. I just recently bought this knife so I have not field-tested it. Walmart carries them and they have a video showing it’s features, you can order it online with free shipping to your home for $39.95 in the store it was $49.95 and everywhere else I saw it it was $59.95.