Va med questions?

308gun

Va med questions?

Post by 308gun »

I find this very important issue, keeping a low profile ... I have been asked questions at the VA and other doctors about do you have any firearms, and do you have bad dreams, etc... I answer NO(no red flags) good that watchman pointed out the tag RED V. thanks, also for our Vets do NOT put stickers on your auto about being a VET. such as American legion, NRA, also on mail do not put any stickers on front of your mail , even a return address ,,, PUT it on the back of the envelope as only the front do they copy and keep....keep from answering polls and questions in general other that what you must like a tax return... even my answer machine (phones) only says leave your message I will get back to you no name , not that you are home on not ,,, NOTHING. open to any other tips from you all ...Thanks :cowboy:
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Re: Va med questions?

Post by Toepopper »

I have VA medical and so far they have never asked me if I have guns. They DO always ask, every visit, if I have felt like hurting myself or anyone else recently. That is the new protocol and if you respond with a yes they must notify the authorities, then, If you have a CCW permit they will take it from you. Another tactic they are now using here in Oregon is for the VA to declare you as incompetent. Then they can take your firearms and appoint another person to manage your affairs like pay the bills etc and your monthly VA checks will be sent to this person and not you! All that is needed for them to declare you incompetent is, say your wife signs the checks to pay the monthly electric bill or rent etc. Most wives pay the bills, they know that and are using this to declare you as incompetent to manage your own affairs so they can steal your guns. I make it a regular routine to always sign the checks to pay the bills. Also, how can the VA have the authority to declare anyone as incompetent to manage their affairs? That usually is determined at the state level. So far this action has not been tested in court because no vet has the money to pay a fast talking lawyer but eventually it will go to court and we will see what they decide.
Last edited by Toepopper on 13 Mar 2014 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

A couple of years ago Fern made the recommendation that people read "How To Be Invisible" by J. J. Luna. I bought it right after she made the recommendation ------ but DS (dumb [Wash My Mouth]) me waited about three years to read it. I just finished. What an eye-opener. The book doesn't take a person down the path of illegality but shows you ways to protect your identity AND privacy from prying snoops. I'm so paranoid now that I rip off addresses from magazines and shred them.
(Speaking of shredders, I'm trading my cross-cut shredder in for a confetti shredder.)
Take Fern's advice and read this book now in these dangerous times. :cowboy:
“Two is one, one is none”
308gun

Post by 308gun »

I might also take the address off anything, mail, a package, and destroy all papers , cut up , burn up, all insurance , bank, bills, packing slips, leave your name on nothing...I have done this for some time,, someone phones if they are not family, or people I know , I say send me post mail, I can not hear on the phone and hang up.....
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

I guess we are all paranoid because I do all of the above, plus, I don't own a cell phone or have "On Star" in my pick up truck so its going to be very hard to track me.