Concerned either way

side_job

Concerned either way

Post by side_job »

Thought I would take the time to put a quick post up and possibly get some other discernment from the group. I am unnerved today as all this election mess plays out, and without opening a red or blue debate I wanted to mention that I feel (~with in~) there is something terribly wrong being played out right before our eyes. I don't exactly know what as yet, but I feel like our freedoms and our 'American' way of life may be in dire jeopardy. I am extremely disappointed with the candidates being presented by the 'them', and something about the red guy makes my spidey sense go nuts. I had a long discussion with my NRA buddies and the best I can get from them is that they thoroughly 'vetted' the candidate they endorsed. The blue candidate has steered the boat as our country hit an iceberg, and now we are taking on water. I am disappointed again, in our FEMA group and their disaster response, as many are still hungry and cold in the north east. Maybe Im just in a funk, and there are blue skys around the corner... I hope so... :badday:
308gun

Re: Concerned either way

Post by 308gun »

Pride goes before the fall, I too have a feeling that much is wrong, America is full of pride ..Yes the elections will fix nothing... the Unions will not let non-union workers into New Jersey to help , makes my point, our best is to work local, next we have a loving God , come what may , He understands our needs !
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

Unnerved is the correct description along with anxious, distressed and dismayed. Thats exactly the way I feel and the only way to describe it is, its the same feeling as when artillery rounds are coming in on your area , you know whats coming but there's nothing you can do about it. This is also known as the pucker factor. All we can do is hang loose and wait to see what happens and be prepared for any post election nefarious events.
side_job

Post by side_job »

Well I cast my ballot, and will see what the night brings as the results pour in. I am concerned that things may and can go south with either outcome, and I hope we all have topped of the preps. I stopped on the way home from work and picked up an additional 4 superpails of rice/bean base which would last about 4 months for the family if needed. I will probably put in an ammo order before bed as well. I feel the time is coming near when we will find out the value of all our hard work in preppping.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

34 years ago I hopped on a military plane to go to Tehran from where I was 'down country' in Iran. It was just me and the pilot. He asked me to pull out the chocks and get back in ASAP. We taxied to the end of the runway and after a short takeoff roll and a few meters height, he turned the twin-engine almost on it's tail and went almost straight up as we were approaching the other end of the runway. I thought for sure I was going to lose my cookies! I asked the pilot why such a violent-angle takeoff and he said, 'they have been shooting at our aircraft'. Thats how I feel now - I know the danger is all around but in some instances you just can't lay a finger on it. So I have more or less adopted Fox Muldur's motto, 'Trust No One!' Am continuing preparing [for whatever] and don't actually give a crap if people think I'm looney. :nana:
“Two is one, one is none”
308gun

Post by 308gun »

As this is about Mindset the most important FIRST thing we need do as the Bible says , Have the MIND of Christ, I have received a very great COMFORT , knowing we are about to enter a time of GREAT TROUBLES .. but I have no fear... come what may . so putting aside FEAR is my greatest PREP........ :thumbs:
side_job

Post by side_job »

Keep you eyes open to any news articles talking about the UN small arms treaty. This is something everyone needs to be aware of.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

The New American has posted a report that hours after reelection , Obama green lights U.N. gun grab, also News with Views ran a report on same level also , We will have to see how this plays out......so it looks as it will start with some type of U.N. control of ARMS on international levels first, and next move to a national level , Take note that Obama now has NDAA law and exec. orders. so he has total power over all things ... :badday:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

It is the mindset of the local population here where I live that obama can decree anything his imperial mind can come up with but we will not surrender our guns, period. If the govt wants a civil war, this is the issue that will spark the nation into it. On top of the U.N. gun grab, California senator Ms Dianne Fienstein has issued a statement from her office that she is writing legislation for a new assault weapons ban and this time all semi automatics and large capacity magazines as well as any long gun with a pistol grip will have to be turned in to big bro. Of course this bill is in its infancy and would have to be voted on in committee and then proceed through the house and be voted on. My point is that these congress critters are looney toons and they want to disarm and dominate the population. Mr Obama has also stated that he wants to end concealed carry. He's got nothing to lose in his last 4 year term so he will proceed with his agenda. The local sheriffs deputies here where I reside claim they will not participate in any gun grabbing scenarios and it is their mindset to still believe in the constitution and the second amendment. One of them told me that he thought it would be a suicide mission to try and go door to door and confiscate peoples guns.
side_job

Post by side_job »

Yet another cause for concern is the news coming out of Israel, and the seeming nonchalant attitude this is being reported in. Stuff like, oh, Israel missile defense shot down a rocket inbound over Tel Aviv. WOW, really, a modern democratic city having to shoot down inbound missiles and that is all the stir there is? If the US had to shoot down an inbound missile over Chicago, do you think it would gather any more importance? This type of attack on Israel, in this day and age, should give us all concern and anticipation for what may be in the season.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

It's the same old C.F.R. game plan Obama is going to Asia to set-up the ( so called ) free trade where the one Worlders make more billions while selling out the USA again . (like in north America free trade agreements ) this will mean millions more lost jobs for the USA. and this is also another step to create the ONE World Government.. they plan to create 4 or 5 area's of control. the world's people become slaves. The TV news is all about the side show of what's the real directions ...the whole middle east is about grab all the oil and min's at rock bottom price and sell for top dollar to the USA... the Real price of a gal. gas is about .90 cents a gal. the rest is tax and controls... and as away the USA get the BIG SCREW.. :po'd: :po'd: :po'd:
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

:topic: The reason for this section is (to quote the preface): This is where we prepare our minds for a PAW (post-apocalyptic world). We talk about survival, homesteading and self-reliance philosophies and how to get there. How do you convince others?

:cowboy:
side_job

Post by side_job »

With focus on mindset, I do think the events as they are unfolding are a trigger to those that notice. They will have to adapt their mindset to prepare and survive. I think all to often we go about with our lives and focus on doing the best with what we have, and we prep and plan for when we dont have, which is good. Perhaps the mindset change is the more important piece. It is difficult to come to grips with the reality that we mentioned above,missiles inbound etc, and would take a while for the mind to process that things have changed on a deep level. I say all this to say, we should take note that while trouble is happening in your neighbors field, you should take note and make ready for trouble in your own field. Time seems to be drawing close and it will be a massive paradigm shift in this country should we be drawn into another global conflict that may bring the implements of war to our own back yards.
Watchman
Foreman

Post by Watchman »

side_job you are exactly right! My only hesitation is that we could blame everybody, groups of individuals, specific persons, and it will not get us any closer to achieving the mindset that you need to prepare and to survive. These actions by "the elite, the CFR, the illuminati" and others are the trigger, in most cases, that prompt people to act. But blaming them will not get us a solution. There is evil afoot in this world and a war must be fought on three fronts: 1) gain the knowledge; 2) prepare and practice; and 3) fulfill - according to individual circumstances. The more people we (collectively) can convince to do this then our own personal security increases. If enough hot buttons are pushed on people they will seek the knowledge and the means.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

We are now seeing where ever so slowly after this election everyone's mind sets are changing and the good part is more people see that the elections and the people in Wash. D.C. will not do any good to help this country... WE all need a return to the basic that this country was founded on...Now prepping and independent living comes to be accepted again as NORMAL. TV, the print news, movies, our education systems have fed us a false world view... We all have different start points be it the Civil War, F.D.R. and the great depression, I like to study the English Civil War about how it played out Cromwell gave the people the REFORMS they wanted and cleaned up the Evil , But the People again wanted a King and so on. We see this repeat over and over in history. Will it Have to get so bad the people again will accept a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT and Anti-Christ. or will people stay the Hard road to freedom and liberty... ??????? We know where we stand ,, But the world we live in is another story. :duel: Think out side the BOX !