what is your bag ?

flatwater

what is your bag ?

Post by flatwater »

I have heard a lot about "BOBs" but not much on the bag it's self Even with my cabin I still carry a "BOB" one is a well sealed fiberglass container I picked up from work and the other is an old leather attache bag that was once used by government officials to carry documents.
acet7

Re: what is your bag ?

Post by acet7 »

I have two bags one for my wife and one for me. I use the regular military camo medium and large bags with frames. My wife has the medium and I have the large. On my wife’s bag which has the aluminum frame I did unroll some 500 mile an hour tape (military duct tape) to the frame in different spots. You never know when you will need some tape (i.e. radiator hose quick fix excreta).
bobnsandy

Post by bobnsandy »

I don't know if anyone else is using old Altoids tins for storage of small items . I have been collecting them for year and never used them for anything. I rean an article in field and stream about how they could be a safe place for small gear. Then I read an idea about building a small Low freq ham radio in one . I thought it would be a good idea to paint them camo green and store them in my BOB.
One even has $4 for when I need coffee
WillyPete

Post by WillyPete »

I have several bags for BOB. Mostly they would be used as GHBs but, they'll work for what I need.
The main one is a sling bag, one strap that goes over a shoulder around the neck to keep both hands and arms free, lots of space with several different sized pockets/pouches.
One is a medium sized daypack that I take on hunting forays that contains necessaries for getting out of the woods, another daypack I use at work for carrying my laptop and service manuals along with get home items and, a couple of waist bags/fanny packs of various configurations for use by themselves or along with one of the other bags.
I'm of the opinion that versatility will get you through whatever you're in where you'd need a BOB. Plus, a few extra items on hand makes for a somewhat more comfortable outing.
bobnsandy

first aid plant

Post by bobnsandy »

here's a good thing to pack for first aid on burns and scrapes.
get an aloe plant and use the "gel" inside the leaves for small burns and scrapes most of the time ther will be no scar if applyed directly to the spot asap.
fern
Patriot
Patriot

Post by fern »

If Dollar Generals are in your area, they carry a deviled ham made by Bryans out of Ohio. Although not a health food item, it is perfect for a BOB since the cans are lined and carry dates that are typically 2 to 3 years out. Although they are marked at almost a dollar each in cost, they ring up for 3 for a dollar. My husband buys these when he is working away from home and enjoys them.
“Laws are made for the weak more than the strong.” Ben Franklin
acet7

Post by acet7 »

I got this for my wife’s GHB (get home bag) yesterday. I called Dicks sporting goods today asking if they had it and they said no, so I said can you order it? And he guy said yes it was $219.99. I said ok I’ll take one. Then he called back saying that they actually had one in stock but it’s really supposed to be $239.99 and not $219.99. So he said he would talk to his mgr about the pricing mistake. They wound up selling it to me for the $219.99 sweet! It’s a Henry ar-7, here is a link to a video of one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmpy_PLZGic Ours is a newer one than this video as it has the orange front sight. I was impressed that she actually put it together and disassembled it all by her self on the first try. This purchase is not for the main survival gun it's just as a just in case gun for her.

I thought the title of this post is what is in your bag, sorry.
Last edited by acet7 on 31 Mar 2012 10:11, edited 2 times in total.
Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Post by Toepopper »

I have seen these before, many years ago and must admit its a pretty slick concept and would fit in your BOB nicely when broken down and stored in the stock.
SS5R

Post by SS5R »

One of the things I carry in my bag is a Katadyn Personal Water Purification System or Katadyn Extreme XR. This is a 24 oz. water bottle with a filter inside that will filter about 25 gallons depending on the water quality. They are around $40.00 new filters are about $25.00.