Russian Ammo As An Investment

Toepopper
Patriot ⭐ Construction, Shelter

Russian Ammo As An Investment

Post by Toepopper »

With the current situation happening in the Crimea, our president and the State Department are considering trade restrictions against mother Russia as a punitive action for their unruly show of force. What effect will this have on the price of 7.62x39 and 7.62x54 Russian ammunition? Eastern block AK-47s and SKS rifles along with the Mosin Nagant surplus rifle are popular because the ammo is dirt cheap and plentiful. This may change if import restrictions are implemented, the availability of Russian ammo will disappear and the price will skyrocket. Might be a good time to roll up that change you have been saving and purchase some ammo if you have a rifle that shoots this caliber.
308gun

Re: Russian Ammo As An Investment

Post by 308gun »

Went to range mon. even the range has a shortage of ammo. no 22 any type, no 9mm, no 7.62x39 etc, and the local big box are still a joke too.... I would say shooters are at 1/4 normal due to lack of ammo.. keeping me shooting is my reloads, and when you do see some ammo the price is 2 to 5 time above 2 years ago... :rant:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

another item is extra gun parts ,, why still cheap to get springs , op rods , gas pistons etc ... get them now too...
side_job

Post by side_job »

There are some decent deals out now on ammo, and prices are 'nearly' back to normal. For example 7.62x39
http://sgammo.com/product/wolf-performa ... se-russian

Another thing Ive noticed is AK and AR have returned to near normal price too. :thumbs:
308gun

Post by 308gun »

also take note no 22 L.R. have not seen 22LR in stores over 2 years now. my reloading keeps me shooting , but reload powder I am finding next nothing for sale at any price, also bullets too are hard to get. go to gun show next week , will report back..
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Nope, no 22 here either. None in the gun shops, big box stores or at gun shows. Powder is scarce and people are using different powders instead of their pet loads because they can't get the powder they like. I'm out of pistol powder but just reloaded 2000 rounds of 45 caliber which I will save for a smokey day. There is a rumor going around the net that ATF is coming out with new rules about importing ammunition and powder. Now, you know this isn't good as they will tighten the importation on anything that goes bang to further the anti gun agenda of the current administration.
308gun

Ammo As An Investment

Post by 308gun »

Went to gun show this past weekend , was a very good supply of pistols, some rifles and shotguns, the best buys were the Hi-point pistols and carbines 9mm,40 s&w and 45acp. most others prices were up , some 22 L.R. but prices were sky high at $55. plus for a brick of 500. that used to go for about $12.. a brick.. and ammo supplies were good but again prices were way up .. the only good prices were military surplus ammo like 7.62 x 54 in a spam can ... and if Russian ammo does get cut that will hurt the market and drive up prices even more... Russian ammo is keeping the lid on prices a little for now. no and mean no reloading supplies :punch:
side_job

Post by side_job »

Not sure what you are needing in reloading supplies, but this place has some. They have small and large pistol primers,and small rifle / 556 primers. Out on large rifle. Some powder, but thin pickin.
http://www.grafs.com/retail/index/index
308gun

Post by 308gun »

need powers, and some 40 S&W bullets , but do not like to order over internet, I like using cash , much harder to track..
side_job

Post by side_job »

Powder is harder, but for bullets try this guy. He is here in my home town and I have visited with him for a while when I had my store front open. He will let you put your order in, then print the cart and send a money order, he ships flat rate and prices are reasonable.

http://www.bootheelbullets.com/store.htm
308gun

Post by 308gun »

Went to gun show this week , lots supplies were in , got bullets, primers, and powers, ammo prices still up but came down a little also lots new firearms for sale, 22 L.R. still high in price but a little more for sale.... best show in 2 years too...and Russian ammo still cheap and lots of it for sale. :coffee2:
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Widener's is having an on line bullet sale, they have 62 grain SS 109 type military surplus bullets for sale. These have been hard to get. I suspect we will be seeing lots of these on the civilian market in the near future as the new M855A1 penetrator projectile has replaced the older style SS 109 bullet. I went to a small local gun show last weekend and was surprised to see many tables selling 200 round packages of 62 grain 5.56 military ammunition. Seventy dollars per 200 rounds, cash and carry and there were people wheeling it out on refrigerator dollies. Still no powder anywhere and no 22 ammunition at any price.
knobster

Post by knobster »

Older thread but still a very viable option. I have a Mosin-Nagant rifle so I occasionally purchase surplus 7.62x54R rounds. Stocking up on the more common 7.62x39 used in AKs would be a wise investment even if you don't own such a boomstick. Barter opportunities...
308gun

Post by 308gun »

And add extra rifle magazines like AR , AK etc
Toepopper

Post by Toepopper »

Have you seen the prices on magazines lately?? Never seen them sold at such a low price, especially AR mags. Thirty round AR mags for $8 a piece and there are piles of them at local gun shows. Now is the time to buy as there is no telling what new gun/magazine restrictions might be imposed in light of the latest mass shooting in a gun free zone at UCC.
308gun

Post by 308gun »

YES ,BUY, BUY , all you can for backups, and trade.....I also have been stocking up on firearms cleaning gear...LOOK FOR lots of back door gun controls, like heavy tax on hunting, and firearms and ammo etc.... Hillary and OBama have started all out war on 1A and 2A... :gangster:
knobster

Post by knobster »

308gun wrote:YES ,BUY, BUY , all you can for backups, and trade.....I also have been stocking up on firearms cleaning gear...LOOK FOR lots of back door gun controls, like heavy tax on hunting, and firearms and ammo etc.... Hillary and OBama have started all out war on 1A and 2A... :gangster:
Amen. I picked up some extra mags at the last gun show for $10. Plus, I check wally world's 'clearance aisle' often and saw some of those universal gun cleaning kits marked half off. Couple of them came home with me.