Safe Doors

308gun

Safe Doors

Post by 308gun »

I bring this up about safe doors, as your firearm should be a last resort defense, with home attacks,and people in needs etc. first look at your current locks use strong well made dead bolts, and as i have done use metal protesting plates around locks , and also all steel protects on slot for dead bolt and also put in strong steel bolts for frame that goes past frame, even long masonry nails can work, next have a outer door , look at steel storm doors, or the Spanish type iron bar door, have it swing out and also lock , by swinging out the door frame add tons more support... I also have added kick plates to all doors makes more support...and if inside door swings in add a simple door stop wedge .... reading about several house break and enter attacks , keep in mind NO DOOR will stand up to gunfire or or hammer attack, etc... but this can buy you 10 to 30 mins... this is about doors , use same mind set about your windows... also add a simple baseball bat to your inside door defenses ...a gang of 2 or 3 or more may only be stopped by shooting through the door in a center area , never fire near locks or hinges,, once inside 3 or more can rush you even if you have a firearm , keep in mind they may have on body armor ... and do not count on the police getting to you... gangs will use several decoy attacks to stop or delay police from the real attack.. as always think like I am all on my own,, you just may be ... P.S. IF your current doors are old replace with new stronger doors now while market still has lots to offer... :cowboy: